Saturday, August 9, 2014

You Can Play Anywhere

Why is the Learn to Rally program by the USTA so unique? I think one of the reasons is that you can set up a tennis court almost anywhere and have lessons or play. What do you mean? Well, the court is mobile so I can set it up in a basketball gym, on an outdoor playground court, make a grass court, in a drive way, or on a regular tennis court.

This is such a great idea because it allows for us to have a better system to go to places where kids really do need something to do. We can reach those students that nobody wants, those students who would never have a chance to get to a real tennis club to play. We are able to go into schools for after school programs and we can have special clinics at parks for inner city youth. I am sure you are even more creative than I am to finding places you can go to give kids an opportunity to learn and develop tennis skills.

Today I just wanted to share my gratitude for the development of the Learn to Rally program. I really see it as more than just teaching kids tennis. They really do develop a lot of other skills. That is for another time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Saturday Classes are Here

Stay tuned for our schedule as we return to Encanto Sports Complex. Here is our 2021 Schedule for Saturday Mornings. Register