Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Osborn Teaching Methodology

I have had the privilege to learn two different teaching methodologies that have helped me become successful. I learned the Standard Method from the Professional Tennis Registry, which taught me how to break down each stroke or concept into smaller parts. The second methodology is very similar to the Standard Method. It is the Osborn Elementary School District Methodology called I DO, WE DO, YOU DO.
We start the lesson with an essential question to get the students thinking in broad terms about what we are going to be learning. Then we add a hook to get them engaged. Once I have their attention we begin the lesson with my model, then we try the concept together, and last they practice the concept on their own. This method has helped me simplify each lesson so each student can develop faster and learn in their own learning style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Saturday Classes are Here

Stay tuned for our schedule as we return to Encanto Sports Complex. Here is our 2021 Schedule for Saturday Mornings. Register