Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Be the Connector

Image result for pay it forward quotes
One of my most favorite things to do is to be the connector for a supernatural connection.  I am always on the look out for helping others who may have been where I was when I was starting out. If I can connect them with that one person that might push them years ahead, man that is so cool to watch. I love trying to pay it forward. That to me is the greatest feeling. If I can make someone's life easier or better, than we have lived our purpose for the day. Ten and Under Tennis lessons is all about giving. We give instruction, yes. We also teach our students how to teach their friends, their parents, or maybe for a project at school. We believe the best way to learn a concept is to teach it to someone else. When you do that you are more focused and often times you work through the concept together. A great example of this is our Parent and Me class. What is so amazing is, after I have modeled, the parents and child end up teaching or cuing each other. They are in the moment together. After every lesson they are asked what they like most about the lesson. I know they love the learning, the immediate success, but what most of the kids and parents reply is,"I got to spend time with my mom, my child, or be around my friends."  They were actively engaged, in the moment, and succeeding. What happened? Learning took place and it was fun. Learning can be fun.Giving can be fun. That is one of our favorite things to do, give. Another way we give is by giving  free private lessons for any referral. That is our thank you to the parents who provide for their kids and families. That is our thank you for helping to support our mission. So go make connections, you never know the impact that you could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Saturday Classes are Here

Stay tuned for our schedule as we return to Encanto Sports Complex. Here is our 2021 Schedule for Saturday Mornings. Register